Friday, March 13, 2009

Trusting it ALL to God

"Old habits die hard, but a life lived in pursuit of God's will can turn harmful habits into distant memories."

The mistakes we made in the past ARE the past and we can leave them there. God loves us NOW (and always), as we are. We need to come to God with all the worries of our past and leave them at His feet. God will take care of them while we can move on. Scared to trust all your drama to someone else? Shouldn't we trust that God knows what He's doing? It's out of our hands. Meanwhile, God will heal our scars, while keeping the memories out of our reach.

It's God's will-it's all up to Him. God, let me serve you and love you. Take it all away from me-I don't want it anymore. I don't understand it all, but I want to love you God. I want to understand your ways and your love.

"It's so much easier to hold a grudge than to forgive, to silently keep punishing the person for his or her wrongs."

Forgive others just as you have been forgiven. "Members of the human race are notorious for their ability to say or do things without thinking them through first." ME. I often make foolish mistakes and say stupid things. But I need to forgive others just as others willingly forgive me for the hurtful or stupid things I say.

And once I've forgiven someone, I need to stop dwelling on the past. I need to let it go and not think of it again. It's over. DONE. I need to give the person the benefit of the doubt that the situation will get better.

"The past troubles will be forgotten and hidden from my eyes." Isiah 65:16

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristine I love you and that's exactly what you need to do. The truth will set you free. We have all been hurt, crushed, trampled on, and stabbed in the back. But we can't even imagine the things we have done to Jesus Christ, our sins nailed him to the cross. We have no reason to hold on to the past especially since JEsus Christ forgives everything we do.