Saturday, March 14, 2009

Spring Break Curse

I don't know what it is, but very Spring Break since college started, something terrible has gone wrong. First, my car broke down two days before spring break, when I was a commuter. I was going to California, by myself, to visit my grandparents. I had to borrow my parents van for the last two days, and meanwhile, we put my car in the shop. While in California (which was cold and rainy, just what I had tried to get away from), my parents called and told me that it cost over $2000 to fix my car, which was definatly not worth it. So my parents deceided to crush my car while I was gone, and some of my stuff was still in there. Sad. Then they found me a car because the guy had crushed my car, and I purchased that. But it was still a freaky, scary spring break, wondering if I would have a car when I came back.

Last year, my boyfriend deceided to break up with me the day before Spring Break. I'm sure in his mind it was the perfect time because he wouldn't have to see me for a week. But he could have found other ways to avoid me instead of ruining my spring break. I cried a ton over spring break, and it was horrible. I think it was only my friends, and my music who saved me. Every night, I would call one of them and we talked. It was nice. I tried not to think of him over the trip, but it definatly could have been better.

This year, my car started leaking anti-freeze and spraying a gray smoke into my car, covering my windows, while I was driving the car. You can only imagine me, a freaked out driver as it is, trying to see. I thought my car was going to explode with me in it. The smell was kind of like smoke, and since I couldn't see, it made sense. Thankfully I realized I was near a gas station and I pulled over. I called everyone I could think of. Thankfully my friend Dale told me to get back to school and that he was coming up. Driving back to school was so hard. I couldn't see a thing, it was like driving in a snow storm. Except since I was the only person who couldn't see, I thought that I would get pulled over by the cops for swerving on the road. I finally found a side street, rolled down all my windows, and looked out the window to try and see my way back to school. Several times I almost served off the road. When I got back to the dorms, my friend Michelle's boyfriend checked my car to make sure it wasn't going to burn up.

I've also been dealing with a bunch of other situations, so this on top of that has already made the days before spring break not really the greatest. I can only pray that it can get better so that I have a better spring break than previous years.

No comments: