Sunday, January 24, 2010

Fresh Start

So I haven't been on this blog in a long time. Oh well.

It's really late at night, and I should probably be in bed. The key word "should". Since when do I do what I should? I like people I shouldn't, I obssess about the stupidest things, and I continue to hold onto my "morals" when even I start to question them. Oh, don't get me wrong. I will never compromise what is most important to me. But sometimes I question if I'm too picky when it comes to guys. Do I have to have a guy who has the same belief as me, or can it differ just a little bit? But now I know that I will not compromise who I am or what I believe just because sometimes it can get lonely. I want to marry a strong Christian man, and that's final.

And that's why I'm finally happy single. I have plans for next year, and a guy will just get in the way. Besides, most of the guys around here are only looking for a good time, and it's time I started planning for the future. Being happy with who you are is so important. If you don't love yourself, how can you expect anyone else to love you? Once you are happy with who you are, and realize you don't need a man to be happy, you will finally find true love. Because it comes why you aren't looking. I know that from experience.

Sure, this post may seem "lame" to some. But I'm not trying to please anyone-not even myself. It's late at night, and I'm just getting some thoughts out before I go to bed. If you think this is dumb, you didn't have to read it. You choose to. Remember, you make the choices in your life. No one can make them for you. And if they are, realize that something is wrong, and get out. It might be the first right choice you'll make.

No comments: