Monday, April 6, 2009

"Be still and know that I am God."
Psalm 46:10

As I look back on the past week, one would think that I would be curled up in the corner, crying my eyes out. But that's not the case. I actually feel good, I feel strong, and I feel loved. God took control this past week, and I finally released my hold on my life. I gave my life to God, and He knew what I needed all along.

Last year, I would have been writing poem after poem of heartbreak, and would have been really shelfish with demanding lots and lots of time to be sad and angry. But this year, I don't need that. God has all my tears, and He's holding onto them for me.

Now, I haven't been completly strong this whole week. There have certainly been times of sadness, and tears have definatly been shed. But I keep holding on to God, and my friends have been very supportive and always around when I need them.

Over the years, I have grown strong in my faith and I have failed in my faith. It was when I failed in my faith that I actually found God. It is when we fail that we often stop pretending to be someone who we are not. We stop trying to make excuses for everything that we do and we let the blame lay where it belongs. We let God take over, because we no longer have the strength to keep trying to do everything on our own. When God takes over, only then do we truly begin to start to living our life the correct way.

You see, we often try to live life our way. We have our rules, our ideas and our dreams. And we often shut God out of them. But God wants to be in on these plans. He wants to be happy with you when you get that glance from the guy you like. He wants to see you get excited to get an A on a test. He wants to be with you when you fall down the stairs and turn red. He wants to be with you when you lose your engagement ring and start crying. He wants to be with you when you break up. He wants to be with you when you get in a car accident.

He wants to be with us through the bad AND the good. We often let Him in during the bad. We cry out to Him, we want his help. But during those times of joy, when we feel extremly happy, we leave Him out. God wants to be our friend and we should treat Him as such. Don't you go screaming to your friends when something good happens? Don't you jump up down, because you are so excited to tell them? Why do we often not act this way with God?

In the past, this is how I acted. But now, now I'm learning to lean more on God. I know that He loves me, and I want to keep Him in all aspects of my life. It's not an easy task, but it is definatly worth it. Even though their is sadness and anger in my life at times, I still try to thank God for it. I know it's not fun, but it challenges me and keeps me strong.

You cannot grow without failure. If you never fail, then you have not tried hard enough. And that's just sad. Challenge yourself. Don't limit yourself in the things that you can do. This world is waiting for you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very inspirational! I am glad to hear that you are being strong this time around. I know your going to get through because your one of the most amazing people I've ever met! Seriously.

KJ said...

aw, thank you. :) I'm not sure which of my friends you are, but you rock!