Saturday, January 24, 2009

Worry less, Think more

"Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?" -Matthew 6:25

I no longer want to live a life consumed with worry. Worrying about even the simple things can start to destroy the simple happiness of just living each day to its fullest. Instead of worrying about what will happen in the future, and what others will think of me, I just want to enjoy the moment, and to stop planning ahead. What other people think of me is NONE of my business. They can think whatever they want of me, whether it's good or bad. Although I'm curious, if I spend precious moments worrying, I'll let happiness slip right by me.

When you think back on your life, do you think about all the times you worried, or do you think about all the happy times, the times when you were just yourself? I think that's why when I'm truly myself and I'm fully relaxed, I can sometimes sound like an idoit. But then I'm no longer thinking about how my words will sound. I'm much more at ease. I love when I can just do that. However, lately its been a problem. And so I'm going to have to watch just how much I "relax". Sad.

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer." -Psalm 19:14

No comments: